About Brian Shinault
Brian Shinault Architect P.C., established in 1991 in South Lake Tahoe California, provides architectural design / consulting services both in the public and private sectors for projects including educational, commercial, residential, recreational, and industrial facilities. As well as the design / consulting services, BSA P.C. offers Project Management and Contract Administration Services to meet the most demanding needs of clients.
Before establishing his own firm, Mr. Shinault worked from 1988 thru 1991 as an architect and construction project manager for the California Fairs Financing Authority, State of California, directing the design and construction management of numerous projects throughout California. While at CFFA he was instrumental in developing the construction management program as well as coordinating the program with the various requirements of the State of California. Also during this period, he developed several computer programs associated with providing budgets and project tracking, as well as review and evaluation of plans and specifications, budgets, cost engineering, estimating, construction administration and inspections.
Prior to his work with the State of California, Mr. Shinault worked from 1984 thru 1988 as construction manager / project superintendent for JW Design and Construction, based in San Luis Obispo CA, directing the construction of several large project in the central coast area of California. While providing daily supervision, he performed field architectural services, solving architectural / construction conflicts before problems arose, resulting in savings of funds and time relating to these projects. As the construction manager / project superintendent, Mr. Shinault was involved with the bidding, cost engineering, estimating, and contract negotiations associated with the projects. Projects included residential, commercial, and recreational facilities.
During the late 1970’s thru the early 1980’s, Mr. Shinault established an architectural and construction firm in the Lake Tahoe area, designing and building various projects, including residential, commercial, and recreational facilities.
- B.S. Construction Engineering / California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo CA, Class of 1976
- Architect #C13916 / California
- Architect #3018 / Nevada
- Architect #38032 / Arizona
- Architect #10885 / Hawaii
- Architect #012702 / Virginia
- Member Architect #42,884 / National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Member Architect #215038 / American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Certified Architect / CA Office of Emergency Services
- CA Licensed Contractor #345963
- Member / International Council of Building Officials
- Member / International Code Council
- Member / United States Green Building Council